I love me a big city, so I'm not upset about the fact that there are huge shopping malls, a metro system, smog, and tons of cars. For those of you looking for something unlike a major city in the States though, this isn't the place for you.
As a matter of fact, when my friend
Tomas picked me up from the airport on Wednesday afternoon, he said, "I hope you're not expecting anything out of the ordinary here!" I can't say I was, but it was a stark contrast from the traditional Peruvian and Bolivian dress I had just been surrounded by. And I didn't see stands selling dead baby animals or jars of urine.
where from. Maybe Dominos or Pizza Hut? We'll see...
I think it's hilarious that you've had a documented experience in American multinational corporate sprawl.
ReplyDeleteWe've enjoyed following your adventures and would like to have been with you on some, but not all, like the high altitude sickness. We took Jennifer to 13,000 feet at Boulderfield by Longs Peak to spend a night, and she was hurting until we got back to 12,000 feet the next morning. Take care and continue having fun!
ReplyDeleteLove, "Grammy & Grampy"