My my how things change in a mere 24 hours. In the last post I wrote, I was happy and excited about my trip, I felt like I had everything under control... Shortly after posting, I made a to do list which ended up filling up the whole front side of a piece of paper, and I decided to try and stay calm and just cross things off one at a time.
"Buy sarong? Crystal can buy it for me on her way home. Book my hostel for Lima? I'll have a friend do it for me online (thanks, Jamie.) Call AT&T to shut off my service? I'll do that on my way to the airport. Make sure my electric bill auto payments are actually set up because usually Pepco takes 7 calls before they get it right? Let's hope it's right because I don't have time to call again. " And so on...
At 8pm, my heart was pounding, I felt like I was going to vomit, and I couldn't talk to anyone on the phone without crying. Yes, I know this trip is going to be awesome! But let's be honest, Anal Alison is way outside her comfort zone here.
So, 9 hours after my last crying fit, I am here, laying in my hostel bed in my silk sleep sack in my own room because, screw it, I got here at 5am and I want to sleep until 1pm without worrying about who could potentially steal my stuff. My laptop, passport, and ipod are all tucked in close, and the rooster who was just crowing I guess either felt like he sufficiently alerted us to the impending sunrise or else decided he was tired and wanted to go back to bed. I feel you, Mr. Rooster. I'm totally ready to pass out too knowing that in the morning, I have free wifi to email, Skype, and blog to you all.
So glad you made it! You wasted no time posting. Buena Suerte en Lima. Can't wait to hear about it. love, b
ReplyDeleteWas so great to see you in Miami! Sounds like you started your trip off right - with sleep! :)
ReplyDelete