Monday, March 8, 2010

The Itinerary

I had various pieces of advice about planning this trip: don’t buy all of your legs, go here, don’t go there, blah blah blah. Ultimately, for me, it made more sense to buy most of my trip in advance because most of the places are far apart, I don’t like the feeling of completely flying by the seat of my pants, and I’m meeting several people at various points in the trip. Whether or not I did it the best way, here’s my itinerary:



April 24th: land in Lima, Peru

via land to Cuzco, Machu Pichu, and La Paz


May 10th: fly from La Paz, Bolivia to Santiago, Chile

via land to Mendoza, Bariloche (?), and Buenos Aires


June 7th: fly from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Sao Paulo, Brazil

trip to Iguazu Falls (?) then via land to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil


June 29th: fly from Rio to London

seeing family and friends!


July 4th: fly from London to Lisbon, Portugal

seeing one of my favorite clients!! :)


July 10th: fly from Lisbon to Tel Aviv, Israel

via land to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea


July 16-17th: fly from Tel Aviv to Mangalore, India

via land to Goa and Hosapete


July 31-August 1st: fly from Mangalore to Bangkok, Thailand


** this is the one major spot where I have no flights booked but I’ll obviously be traveling around. Hopefully I’ll be able to explore Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Indonesia.


October 4th: fly from Denpasar, Bali to Melbourne, Australia

via land to Sydney


November 10th: fly from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand

hopefully can get a puddle-jumper to Queenstown?


November 15th: fly from Auckland to San Francisco, CA

3 days to catch up with some west coast friends


November 18th: fly from San Francisco to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

seeing a client friend who retired there!


November 25th: fly from Puerto Vallarta to Austin, TX

Thanksgiving with my best friend in the whole world!!!


December 1st: Austin to DC


WHEW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment