After my interesting trip to Manchester and Chorley, I had one and a half days left in London to see people and get things purchased for my future adventures in India and SE Asia.
I met Charlotte one tube station away from the train station around 5pm on Wednesday and we made our way back to her apartment where we were going to prepare dinner. Charlotte was having her sister, Anna, and her brother-in-law, Al, over for dinner so they could see her place and so I could see them one last time before I left London.
Charlotte made a delicious dinner and the four of us sat and chatted about my upcoming travels. Anna and Al, having done an around the world trip themselves a few years back, had plenty of things to suggest and I wrote everything down because one thing that has not improved on this trip is my memory.
| My new camera! |
The next morning, Charlotte woke me up to say goodbye and I got up a few hours later with her roommate for breakfast. I packed all of my stuff yet again and made my way back to Renate and Chris’ in Notting Hill for my last day in London.
My last day there was similar to my last day in DC before I left on this trip. I ran around looking for last minute things I decided I needed: another book, some replacement make-up, another t-shirt and a new point-and-shoot camera to replace to the one that had stopped properly focusing in Buenos Aires. The camera ended up being a fiasco because there were no shops in Notting Hill which meant that I had to go to a big shopping area. I finally got a camera, along with two more shirts I didn’t really need (but they were on sale for 5 pounds each!!)
That night, really anxious about my trip, I didn’t fall asleep until 2am and I woke up at 6am. No problem, at least I could sleep on the long flight to Bombay...
No comments:
Post a Comment